Starting to plan for reopening

January 13, 2021

Good day siblings in Christ!

This week, the council met to discuss reopening and to began to spell out some benchmarks for reopening. We are looking at things like infection rates in Croton and the surrounding areas, the percentage of people who have been vaccinated, and whether or not the schools are open. We do not foresee opening in January, but February has a strong possibility if numbers look good in the area.

The worship team will meet next week to discuss what to do about Ash Wednesday on February 17. This day is very tactile if done the traditional way and involves a closeness to one another which we cannot do. We will look at a few options and decide on one or two.

I am excited because for the first real time, we have a path forward and a very strong possibility of returning to a type of worship and gathering we remember.

I personally have been praying that I may be eligible for the vaccine soon. Patty is set to receive her first shot in March unless an opportunity comes sooner. Both of my parents are eligible, but there are no centers near their home which have the vaccine. Even with all of this, there is hope. If you want to share that with us when you receive the vaccine, we can get an idea of what percentage of the congregation has been immunized. 

As a reminder, I will be “in class” all next week with an intensive class, so I will be on an education week break for the week.

Be love,
Pastor Johnson