The March/April newsletter is now available.
This year's youth program will begin with a "get to know you" event during our coffee hour after the service on Sunday, March 8. We hope all our youth will attend and give their input about possible activities this year.
The eight day Holy Week begins on Palm Sunday. Our worship will commence at Chapel of the Good Shepherd on Benedict Boulevard at 10:15 am. We will then process to the sanctuary of Our Saviour, where worship will continue at 10:30 am. For those not joining the procession (about three blocks), gathering occurs quietly in the sanctuary in the normal fashion.
You are encouraged to worship every day of Holy Week. This year there will be services of worship at Our Saviour on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Resurrection Sunday.
A service of Holy Communion also incorporates all the elements of Jesus' farewell at the Last Supper; the Eucharistic meal and the New Commandment–to love one another. This passionate and mighty service begins at 7:30 pm.
There will a Good Friday service at noon and a Tenebrae (explosive darkness) service at 7:30 pm. Celebrating Easter without the Good Friday lament will always be lacking something.
This year the Great Vigil of Easter service will be held at St. Augustine's Episcopal Church, in partnership with Our Saviour.
- Sunrise Service at the Bethel Chapel of Asbury Methodist Church, 6:30 am
- Easter breakfast served by the gentlemen of Our Saviour, 7:30-10:30 am
- First Eucharist for the festival of the Resurrection of Our Lord, 8:30 am
- Easter egg hunt for children following the service
- Second Eucharist for the festival of the Resurrection, 10:30 am