Join with us each Sunday in Lent as we prepare for the death and for the glorious Resurrection of Our Lord on Easter.
- Fifth Sunday in Lent, March 22
Palm Sunday, March 29
The eight day Holy Week begins on Palm Sunday. Our worship will commence at Chapel of the Good Shepherd on Benedict Boulevard at 10:15 am. We will then process to the sanctuary of Our Saviour, where worship will continue at 10:30 am. For those not joining the procession (about three blocks), gathering occurs quietly in the sanctuary in the normal fashion.
You are encouraged to worship every day of Holy Week. This year there will be services of worship at Our Saviour on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Resurrection Sunday.
Maundy Thursday, April 2
A service of Holy Communion also incorporates all the elements of Jesus' farewell at the Last Supper; the Eucharistic meal and the New Commandment–to love one another. This passionate and mighty service begins at 7:30 pm.
Good Friday, April 3
There will a Good Friday service at noon and a Tenebrae (explosive darkness) service at 7:30 pm. Celebrating Easter without the Good Friday lament will always be lacking something.
Holy Saturday, April 4
This year the Great Vigil of Easter service will be held at St. Augustine's Episcopal Church, in partnership with Our Saviour.
- Sunrise Service at the Bethel Chapel of Asbury Methodist Church, 6:30 am
- Easter breakfast served by the gentlemen of Our Saviour, 7:30-10:30 am
- First Eucharist for the festival of the Resurrection of Our Lord, 8:30 am
- Easter egg hunt for children following the service
- Second Eucharist for the festival of the Resurrection, 10:30 am